Welcome to Board 26
The Central Massachusetts Board of Officials (IAABO 26) was organized in the season of 1938-39. The board was to operate under the Constitution and By-Laws of the IAABO and main responsibilities is to:
• officiate in the manner prescribed by the Official Basketball rules and manual of officiating.
• promote the welfare of the game of basketball, its players and officials.
• obtain and circulate uniform interpretation of the rules of basketball throughout the district.
• establish and uphold a minimum and equitable fee for services rendered in basketball contests.
• enlist the cooperation of managers, coaches and promoters of the game.
• have available an adequate number of thoroughly trained and capable officials.
NOTE: Nominations for the Executive Board are due this week. Please email Jim the name of the person who is interested in helping Board 26.